Things are rolling so I wanted to brief you all on some general race logistics and post-race festivities for the first Annual Winter Wilder 2013. Also, just a reminder that Spring Valley Inn & Suites is running a special for Winter Wilder participants (2 adults = $69). Call and reserve a room by January 5th and mention you are a wilder foot races participant to get the discount.
- I will be emailing you all a waiver and the race notes in the coming days/week. I will also post everything on the blog, but if you are the lead contact for a team please make sure everyone signs and brings the waiver with them and also gets the race notes.
- We will most likely be starting at Kingsland High School in Spring Valley rather than at the vacant cul-de-sac where we started in May.
- The run starts at 9am and ends when you get back to the high school. You will be keeping track of your own times whether you are on a team or an individual. Be honest like a scout.
- THERE ARE NO RESTROOMS AT THE START. This could change by race day, but don’t depend on it. The Kwik trip, the BP, Subway, and the laundromat next to BP have bathrooms. Get into town and take care of your business and then come to the Start.
POST RACE FESTIVITIES
- JOIN US AFTER THE RACE AT JOHNNY RINGOS SALOON for some food and drink. Kathy from the A&W and Ray from Johnny Ringos are really going out of there way for us by catering some good eats at good prices, so be sure to stick around and refuel after the race.
- Join us at the Comedy show at 8pm at Johnny Ringos. I will have tickets available on a first come first serve basis at some point, so stay tuned.
- Thats enough info for now