Excitement is building at the Wilder hq to see everyone toeing the start line come May 19th and 20th, but until then there is plenty of prep work to be done. We’ve been working to make this event a success in its first year running and have been following in the Almanzo footsteps a bit, but then again who wouldn’t? Below is the Friday schedule and Spring Valley Map made by Chris @ Almanzo. We will have additional sign-in on Saturday and Sunday. Please note that 100k folks are required to sign in on Friday night unless I am personally contacted via email. Check out the map below
FRIDAY MAY 18TH:
- 6:00pm – 8:00pm: REQUIRED SIGN IN FOR ABEL WILDER 100K PARTICIPANTS! (Unless you contact me personally) All others are recommended to sign in as well, but not required. Sign-in will be held at the VFW in Spring Valley, MN (see attached map)
- 6:00pm – 8:00pm: A spaghetti dinner will be held at the VFW in Spring Valley, MN. This dinner will be hosted by the local Kiwanis club. Price is $7.00/person and the money goes directly into the community of Spring Valley.
- 8:00pm: There will be a play preformed by a local troupe at a location that has yet to be announced. The subject of the play is related to the community of Spring Valley and the people that have occupied it’s history (hopefully Almanzo and Royal Wilder).
- 8:00pm: Whenever – We think we might slip down the street and bowl a few frames at the local bowling alley…provided they’ll have us. This may or may not happen…
SATURDAY MAY 19TH:
- 5:00AM: Abel Wilder 100k Start. Lets cheer these folks on as they start an amazing endeavor!
- 5:00am – 6:00pm: Roughly an all day sign in at the START/FINISH line. We should have a volunteer around for most of the day.
- 7:00am: Royal Wilder 162 Bike Start
- 8:55am – 8:59am: Happy Birthday will be sung to Chris’s son. It’s a tradition now.
- 9:00am: Almanzo 100 Bike Start
- 10:00am – 5:00pm: The Eliza Jane Market will be open in Spring Park for those not participating in the events. There will also be a Grower’s Market open to the public in the downtown area at this time. Additionally, the Visitor’s Center and the Wilder Museum will be open during the day for those that wish to stop in.
- Midnight: Abel Wilder 100k Cutoff. There will be a phone number to call on the cue sheets if you don’t make it by this time.
- 6pm – last 100k finisher: Potential grill out…feel free to stop with your own meat from Sunshine Foods (Spring Valley Grocery store) at the Start/Finish line to hang out & chat if this happens.
SUNDAY MAY 20TH:
- 7:15am – 7:45am: Last minute sign-in for the Perley Wilder 30k and the James Wilder 50k. Please try and register before this on Friday or Saturday to make the morning run smoothly – thanks!
- 8:00am: Start of the Perley and the James
- 4:00pm: Cut off for both races. There will be a phone number to contact if you don’t make it by this time.